Davati Building Products, LLC is driving innovation in building materials so that people can afford to experience premium quality luxury living spaces. Our strategic sourcing, rapid product development, and worldwide supply chain management systems enable us to provide the highest quality luxury building products directly to construction projects at unmatched low costs. As a result, we help create properties that are more comfortable and enjoyable for building occupants and drive maximum value for building owners and developers.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the purchasing of Materials and Shipments to support Davati’s customers. This position will manage project deliverables, analyze current changes in cost structures, issue purchase orders, and track shipments to ensure products arrive on time. This position will ideally be based at the company headquarters in Round Rock, Texas.
This person will be responsible for:
- Understand purchase strategies for products and suppliers to proactively manage P.O.’s issuance all the way through when product arrives at the proper destination
- Regular communication with suppliers, internal customers and external customers to ensure products arrive on time and problems are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Drive process improvements to find ways to eliminate waste to deliver cost improvement goals
- Support corporate strategies and manage daily transactions in compliance with Davati’s supplier agreements
- Manage reports to track open PO activity and supplier delivery performance
- Analyze and track supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure supplier promise date accuracy
- Drive effective recovery plans and coordinate with finance to ensure supplier invoice accuracy to Purchase Orders (PO)
- Place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from suppliers, inclusive of any import or export documents upon receipts in accordance to incoming product quality requirements
- Confers with vendors to obtain product, container requirements, price, availability, and delivery schedules.
- Works closely with sales and project team to manage inventory levels and analyze more efficient ways to manage material movement
- Expedites delivery of materials as required to meet customer production requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned, or as requirements change.
Required Experience & Skills:
This person must have 2-5 years purchasing, supply chain, or logistics experience in any industry and must demonstrate a proven track record of driving cost reduction through purchasing of materials and collaboration with suppliers:
- Utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows and ERP software applications environment including data entry and database management.
- Provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the company and external suppliers.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Maintain a professional and polite demeanor.
- Ability to analyze various types of data to determine what will be most beneficial for the company.
- Organize and prioritize work, utilizing a lean methodology.
- Drive results and continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
Desired Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in lean initiatives
Personal Trait Profile:
The ideal candidate will be:
- Results-oriented, self-starter – strong track record of achieving results.
- Team Player – ability to work across the organization.
- Strong analytical, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Proven proper email etiquette skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org